How does and object's energy change while it is in motion?
We will spend 3 days on this activity. See the directions below to start.
1. Complete the Roller Coaster Lab Investigation with your team then answer the analysis questions individually.
2. Get a Chromebook and log on to BrainPOP.com.
- First watch the video "Potential Energy" and complete the "fill in the blank" activity, Then take the GRADED QUIZ and share your first score with Mr. B.
- Next, watch the video "Kinetic Energy" then complete the 3 roller coaster questions. There is no need to take the quiz unless you want to test your skills. There is no grade for the Kinetic quiz.
3. Create your own roller coaster design at the following website:
Complete the Coaster Creator Lab Report by doing the following:
- Select the Coaster Creator by clicking on "Play Coaster Creator."
- Follow the prompts and name/design your roller coaster coaster cars.
- Design your track by adding drops and loops.
- Test your design for success, go back and fix, test again...
- Be sure to document your build by completing the Lab Report document.
- Build two if you have time.