(not the show..however, that is a great show...)
First, Set up your notebook with the Title, Focus Q, Date, and LOS (Big Bang Theory, Irregular, Spiral, Elliptical (galaxies)
Evidence: 1) B.P. Galaxies and 2) Big Bang videos
Complete the two tasks listed below:
1) Watch the Brain Pop video"Galaxies" and complete the provided graphic organizer. This will be taped on pg. 97.
2) Watch one of the two videos below (or both) and answer the following questions in your notebook at the bottom of page 97. Answer should provide a thorough explanation and be in complete sentences.
Question 1: What is the scientific theory called the "Big Bang" ?
- Explain what the theory is all about....
Question 2: What is the main piece of evidence that supports the "Big Bang"
as a possible source of the entire Universe?
- Identify and explain the evidence that supports it...
Video 1: Basic overview of the "Big Bang" theory Video 2: More in depth explanation of the "Big Bang"
| || |
3) Finished early? Watch this video (to the right) on black holes. It really puts the hypothesized power of a black hole into perspective, even if they were the size of a nickel.